- The CPM has long-term links with heritage organizations such as the District Six Museum, Robben Island Museum, Langa Museum, South African Heritage Resources Agency (SAHRA), the National State Archives and Provincial Museums in the Western Cape.
- The CPM has worked with NGOs such as IDASA Democracy Radio Unit, Mandlovu Initiative, the Human Rights Media Centre, Atlantis Radio and Bush Radio.
- The CPM has on-going links with university-based centres such as the Aids and Society Research Unit (ASRU) at UCT, the South African History Archive at Wits, Mayibuye Archive Centre at UWC, and the Simonlando Centre at UKZN.
- The CPM has international links with the British Library Sound Archives, the Panos Institute and the Aegis Trust (in England), the Centre for Public History, University of Technology Sydney (Australia) and the Matrix Centre at Michigan State University (USA).
- The CPM Director was elected as vice president of the International Oral Hisotry Association (IOHA) 2008-2010, after serving on the executive (2004-2008). He also served on the executive committee of the Oral History Association of South Africa (OHASA) (2005-2007)
- From 2001-2010 the CPM has received funding from the following organizations: Mellon Foundation. Anglo American Chairmans Fund, HIVOS, SEPHIS, National Research Foundation (NRF), Royal Netherlands Embassy and the Flemish Community